Today's families need a multi-functional home: places to eat and greet, live and lounge, to cook and congregate and, more and more these days, to work-at-home and workout.
On the meandering Kotuku Drive, that mirrors the Waikanae River, sits number 6: a home that does all this, and more. It's a traditional, brick and cedar home built to bigger dimensions than todays typical new builds. At the heart of this home there's a cavernous living and dining space with a soaring chapel ceiling and patio doors to the garden. This lofty space brings in lots of light and everything is oriented around this homely hub:
* the well-appointed kitchen with its walk-in pantry and breakfast bar
* the spacious, separate lounge with box-window seats and patio doors
* the three big bedrooms
* the modern family bathroom with heated floors
* a route through to the double-car garage
* and, of course, the switchback stairs that lead up to the master bedroom with its recently renovated ensuite and roof-top balcony with panoramic views of Kapiti Island.
What makes this top floor extra special is the mezzanine area that's a great extra space: perfect for an office if you're work-at-home folks, or maybe a gym area for your workouts. And there's plenty to do outside too: the fully-fenced wraparound garden has room to bring your boat around the back, with plenty of patio and lots of lawn.
This is a multi-purpose property in a great location whether you want to stay home and soak in the views, or to get out there and enjoy the beach, the river and the reserve, the cycleways and the tramping tracks.
Voyle & Co Realty will be practicing safe workplace guidelines as issued by REA. For more information please visit rea.govt.nz/news/covid-19/
*SOURCE: FLOOR AREA, Land Area & RV: PropertyGuru. RATES: KCDC.
Family Room: 1